Home Selling Tips for Fall – With the fall season in full swing, especially here in the Berkshires, now is the perfect time to quickly update both the exterior and interior of your Home. Keep in mind though, to use a light touch. We don’t want to scare away a home buyer with too much Halloween.
1. Do a thorough fall clean up, get rid of the remains of what was once beautiful summer flowers. Make sure leaves have been properly cleared.
2. Nothing adds more of a fall touch then a simple wreath in fall colors.
3. Enhance your steps or entry with the addition of potted mums in rich fall colors, add a few pumpkins, or group some gourds together, add a candled lantern or 2 and there you have a lovely fall scape.
4. Take some new photos of your fall enhancements. Give them to your realtor to add to your listing, that way the home buyer who starts their search online will be attracted to the fall eye candy you have created.
5. With the days getting shorter and not as much natural light coming in, it is important to have as many interior lights on for showings. Make sure your bulbs have a high wattage and add a warm cast.
6. If any of your rooms are painted a dark color, now is the perfect time to lighten up the wall color to a pleasant warm toned neutral.
7. Fireplaces are definitely an asset this time of year, but ashes are not. Always clean up ashes before a showing. Replace with a few fresh logs, include a lovely painting on the mantle, a pair of candle sticks or some other well placed objects. Simple, easy and inviting.
photo courtesy of martha stewart
Got A Question?
Ask Marlene 413 717-0773
Please Contact Me for More Information
Berkshire Country Homes, LLC
Exceptional Service to Buyers and Sellers